Friday, February 9, 2007

Mission Call!

For all of you who know my younger brother Blake you will be excited to know that he got his mission call yesterday! He is going to the Brussels Belgium/Netherlands mission. He leaves on May 9 to go to the Provo MTC. This is an exciting call for our family since my Grandma Bowles come to America from the Netherlands when she was sixteen. She started breaking out her Dutch last night when she found out that he would be speaking her language! We all decided that for our monthly VanderStek family night we are going to learn Dutch so we can all go and pick him up from his mission!!! (wishful thinking!) It is also cool because people are going to think that Blake is a native with his last name! They will soon learn differently when they hear him speak!

2 comments:

Laura Chapman said...

Lins, that's awesome news! I can't believe your siblings are all growing up. Time is flying by and that just means we are getting older! We need to hang out again soon!

Alex said...

Hooray for Blakey! I agree, I can't believe he's 19 already... it seems like just yesterday when he was in middle school, all cute and shy! Oh we're just a bunch of old farts! ;) How wonderful about his learning Dutch, I bet your family is just SO thrilled!!!