Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cute Braedon moments!

Okay, so pretty much every day (at least to me) is a cute Braedon moment. But I have a couple of stories that I hope you all might enjoy!
First off, Braedon has learned how to pray! The last couple of months when we would tell Braedon it was prayer time it would be a struggle to even get him to fold his arms and usually he would just laugh through the entire prayer. So, completely off the praying topic, Derek learned a little trick from my dad (that my dad uses on his dog!) in order to get Braedon's attention. When Derek wants to get Braedon to come to him so he can change his diaper he will fold his arms and turn his head pretending to ignore Braedon and Braedon comes running. Well, back on the praying topic, the other day Derek was doing this little trick and instead of running to Derek, Braedon folded his arms and said "Heavenly Father, Amen." So, Braedon is now the one who says the prayers in our home! It is great because they are so short!
Okay, second, and last cute story for the day! Yesterday I was going to get Braedon out of his crib from his nap. He immediately said what I thought to be "where's Daddy?" but I didn't know for sure so I said "what?" Maybe thinking I didn't know who daddy was he then said, "Derek...where's Derek?" I thought it was so funny!
Okay, I hope you all enjoyed those cute Braedon moments as much as I did. He is much funnier in person than in my stories I am sure!

7 comments:

Laura Chapman said...

That's so cute!! I'm sure you never have the same repetative day with such a fun boy. I need to come visit you again! Maybe I'll use the hair excuse again. I could always do a new color...

The Tenney's said...

How cute! I get excited for Kaitlyn to reach the age where she can verbalize like that.

Cheryl said...

Cody is SUCH a good dad. (c: BTW, I don't know how long it's been since Kayli started occasionally calling us by our first names and the cuteness still hasn't worn off. It is just so funny to hear your name from your cute little one's mouth. I miss you!

The Hunzikers said...

Oh Linsey lou where are you?? I have been anxiously awaiting a new post to hear how things are going!!!!!

Alex said...

Yeah, me too Lins!

Megan C. said...

So I noticed something at the bottom of you blog - congratulations! That's really exciting!

Alex said...

OH MY GOSH!!! :) Congrats!