Okay, so I am a little late on writing about this but I have been too concerned to bring it up until I knew more. At the end of February my dad went into an asthma doctor because he was having a lot of trouble breathing. The doctor ordered some tests and a CT scan. As soon as the results came in she immediately got a hold of him and let him know that he needed to get into an ENT specialist asap. He had some masses growing around his trachea. So they found out that he had two large masses growing on his thyroid that were pushing his trachea and only letting 30% of any air come in or out. So this past Wednesday he went in for surgery to get them removed. He had all of his thyroid removed and the two masses. When we asked the doctor how big the masses were he said that the big one was the size of an orange and the other was the size of a lime. Can you imagine? An orange and a lime hanging out inside of your throat! No wonder he couldn't breathe! So the surgery went well and he is home recovering. He feels like he is breathing better so that is a relief. Just one more relief that needs to come is when the biopsy results come in next week to know if there was any cancer or not. (But the doctor doesn't think so.) So that has been my week in review. Just a lot of worrying (which currently comes very easily because I am a huge ball of pregnant hormones).
3 comments:
Oh WOW... I know that must have been horrible. When my dad went through all that stuff with his Prostate it was SO scary. I'm glad to hear the doctor doesn't think its malignant. He'll be in my prayers, big hugs to you and your family!!!
On a lighter note, when do you find out what the baby is? Are you hoping for a little girl? :)
WOW for sure. I am glad he is okay and that he is breathing better. You take it easy you dont want to make the baby upset ;) You guys need to come over sometime and visit.
I'm glad things went ok for your dad! Keep me posted on how it turns out. Alex asked my question first...when is the ultrasound?? I thought that was going to be your post but it wasn't. I hope you're doing better with the pregnancy. I need to come visit soon! Email me and let me know when a good time for you is.
Post a Comment