Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yellowstone!

This last week we decided to take a little family vacation to Yellowstone! It was quite the experience! We had a lot of fun, but traveling with two little boys wasn't as easy as we expected!

When we first got into West Yellowstone (where we stayed in a hotel) we went to a bear and wolf habitat. It was very interesting and we were able to see live bears and wolves. This statue is at the front outside, everytime we went past it Braedon wanted his picture taken by it!

We saw A LOT of Buffalo! They would walk right up to your car! It was pretty cool!

Derek and Daxton walking to see Old Faithful.


While we were waiting to see Old Faithful go off Braedon was complaining about waiting and a nice lady from Florida let him borrow her bears to watch Old Faithful with! When it was about to go off he pulled off their sunglasses to make sure they could see it!


Here is Daxton waiting for Old Faithful!


Here is Old Faithful!


Braedon and me at the lookout for the lower falls in the canyon area!


We did get to see two bears out in the wild! We were so excited! I didn't get any pictures of them because I was taking care of a little baby who didn't think it was so cool that we were seeing bears! But, Derek did get video of one of them, so if you want to see it come on over!

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Hey how fun is that. I hope you have lots of fun. :D thanks for posting.

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! Brandon's family goes up there every year and I had never been there before I married him! It's such a cool place and looks like you guys had a great time! Hey, we should try and get together with you two sometime!

Megan C. said...

Happy Birthday, Lins!