Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FHE

Every month my family (parents, grandma, siblings and their families)get together and have a combined Family Home Evening. We love being together so this is just one more good excuse! I feel so lucky to have all of my siblings close by. Brad and I are the furthest away from each other and we only live 45 min. apart! Anyway, back to FHE...we all switch off taking turns being the host family. One month is a lesson and the next month is the activity. This month it was at my house. We had the activity. We decided to do a little Fall/Halloween mix. We had a scavenger hunt where we went looking for the great pumpkin, then we ate sloppy joes for dinner, then we docorated caramel apples, and then we frosted sugar cookies (the kids and moms did the cookies, by that time the guys just wanted to play the WII). Here are some pictures I took (Derek took some too).

This picture is my mom helping Braedon pull a clue out of the mailbox. Lori is in the background video recording!


At the end of the scavenger hunt I had a pumpkin (the great pumpkin) filled with candy bags for the kids. Then off to the side were these autumn blocks that I made for every family.


Here are some of the decorated apples.


Here is Drew showing off his wonderful sugar cookie frosting abilities!


And, of course, me helping Braedon decorate his ghost!


P.S. I just checked Aubrey's blog and she just posted about this yesterday and she has some very cute pictures of my little Daxton if you want to check it out.

5 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

You are such an awesome mom. I will totally have to do that for my kids next year. JOY JOY. Anyways I am glad you had lots of fun.

Cheryl said...

You are so amazing! And I'm a little jealous of the family situation. That is awesome!
To create a link w/in a post you highlight whatever word or phrase you want people to click on and then go to the "hyperlink" tab on the tool bar. It's a weird looking picture to the right of the font color tab. Then paste the web address into it and you're done. Let me know if I didn't explain that well and I'll try again!

Megan C. said...

Hey Lins - I tagged you on my blog

PS We still need to get together sometime

Unknown said...

Hey Lins- I'm glad you found me! You look like you have been doing well and I can't believe you have two kids-WOW! So, you must live somewhere here in Utah, we should get together sometime and catch up. I've experienced a lot of changes in my life over the past few years but I am doing well! I know Cheryl found me through Mailyn's blog who is married to a good friend of Brandon's. It's crazy how you discover new connections! Anyways, it's good to hear from you and I look forward to talking to you soon!

Maylin said...

Thanks for the potty training tip!

When I saw your comment I realized that I forgot to reply to the comment you left forever ago. I've totally been a bad blogger/commenter lately. Of course you can add me to your blog--the more the merrier! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was not trying to be some kind of "blog snob!"

It's good to see that you're doing well. Congrats on baby #2!